Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp serves up plum, juicy, perfectly seasoned shrimp in minutes! Add noodles or rice for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner. Only 5 ingredients needed!
This easy and delicious garlic shrimp will be your new go to for a simple and flavorful weeknight meal! Serve as a main or an appetizer, the simple and bold flavors from the season work so well with the tender, air fried shrimp. Pop this seafood recipe on your weekly meal rota, you will not be disappointed.
Looking for more easy appetizers? Why not also try my Baked Chicken Wings and my Loaded Deviled Eggs with Bacon.
Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe:
- SAVORY: The shrimp is perfectly seasoned with garlic powder and pepper – simply savory!
- HEALTHY: No breading needed, these lean, protein packed shrimp are a great base for a healthy meal.
- EASY: So easy! 5 ingredients, pop in the air fryer – done in minutes!
This is one of my favorite ways to cook shrimp, so easy and so flavor packed!
How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Shrimp
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- In a large bowl, combine your shrimp with the oil and seasoning.
- Cook the shrimp in the air fryer for 8-9 mins. cook in batches if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use any shrimp you like for this recipe. I used medium-sized peeled and deveined shrimp, so if you choose to use larger or smaller shrimp, you may need to adjust the cooking time by 1-2 minutes. If you use shrimp with the shells on, you may also need to add 1-2 minutes to the final cook time.
Yes, you can. Just make sure that they are shelled and deveined, and add an extra 2-3 minutes to the cooking time.
Raw shrimp is translucent gray in color. Cooked shrimp is an opaque white color with some pink and bright red accents and 120°F internally.
The garlic shrimp works with so many sides. Here’s some faves:
Perfect on a salad or in a main dish, you really can’t go wrong when you add these juicy, flavorful shrimp to the menu!
Store leftover garlic shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Freeze garlic shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Allow shrimp to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
This garlic shrimp is a great base for any number of flavor combinations. Try one of these:
- Garlic Parmesan: Add ½ cup Parmesan cheese to the shrimp.
- Italian: Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning to the shrimp.
- Honey Garlic: Add
- Sriracha: Add 2 tablespoons sriracha, 1½ tablespoons soy sauce, and the juice of ½ a lime to the shrimp.
- Lemon Garlic: Add the juice of 1 lemon to the shrimp.
Make It A Meal
I love serving up these mouth watering garlic shrimp! Not just because they are so easy and delicious but also the air fryer really works its magic, turning out juicy and tender shrimp every time! Made with minimal ingredients and done in minutes – you have to give these a try!
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!