“Amalia’s Mesoamerican Desk” is loaded with recipes centered on time-honored dishes from center The usa. It is really chef and creator Amalia Moreno-Damgaard’s next cookbook.
- Coctel de Camarones y Aguacate, Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Cocktail
- Spanish Cava
- Latin beer
Recipe (serves 2)
- 1/4 cup V-8 juice
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup smaller-diced seeded vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon minced contemporary incredibly hot chile (chiltepe or piquín, habanero, or serrano)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 12 medium (50-70 rely) cooked shrimp, deveined, peeled and tails off
- 1 ripe avocado, scooped out with a melon baller
- Cilantro sprigs
- Saltine crackers for serving
In a medium bowl, combine the V-8 juice, ketchup, lime juice, onion, tomatoes, cilantro leaves, chile pepper, salt, and black pepper to flavor and blend well.
Add the shrimp and avocado balls. Carefully blend with the sauce with folding strokes working with a large, gentle spatula.
Refrigerate right up until wanted or serve quickly in shrimp cocktail cups or short or tall eyeglasses. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and saltine crackers.