Ever need something to keep your energy levels up, with hours to go until dinner? You want to take the edge off that hunger, but prefer not to down the devour that bag of chips in the pantry. This Black Bean Dip with Avocado is here to save all those moments and more.
Black Bean Dip with Avocado
What You’ll Love
- This black bean dip requires only basic, healthy ingredients.
- You’ll be using your handy blender for this dip, which means you don’t have to be precise at all with your chopping.
- It’s full of antioxidants, nutrients, protein, and even fiber.
- This black bean dip is not only amazing as a snack, but is delicious enough to serve for appetizers at any party.
- Black bean dip is versatile, with many ways to serve it. It’s scrumptious with everything from tortilla chips to burrito bowls.
Black Bean Dip:
Perfect for Parties
At any given gathering, appetizers rule. This black bean dip is no exception. Party goers love scooping up plenty of dip with tortilla chips and using it to top all sorts of crackers, so feel free to double the recipe if you’ve got a crowd.
To maximize our time with guests, we always make as many dishes as we can ahead of time. This black bean dip can be prepared in its full glory, up to 24 hours in advance. Avocados generally don’t have the luxury of being used ahead of time, as the flesh tends to change color once it meets oxygen, but that’s not an obstacle here. Since black bean dip is already dark in color, you’re free to incorporate avocados up to a day prior to serving.
Serve this black bean dip with tortilla chips, bagel chips, pita, crackers, veggie sticks, or use it in a DIY burrito bowl party.
Black Bean Dip with Avocado
Commonly Asked Questions
We recommend serving this dip within 24 hours, but it can actually last up to 3 days in the fridge. Keep it in an airtight container.
This black bean dip with avocado is definitely on our list of healthy eats! It’s low in sugar, low in saturated fats, and gives you a boost of protein and antioxidants from the beans, avocado, tomatoes, garlic, onion, and herbs.
This black bean dip is made without excess juices or liquids. Be sure to drain the black beans very well after rinsing. You can also seed the tomato prior to using it.
More to Cook and Eat
- Caramelized Onion Dip Recipe – this one is absolutely a party favorite, with plenty of caramelized savory flavors.
- Mango Black Bean Salsa Dip – this easy dip is always a hit, as it’s super fresh and fruity, and goes perfectly with crispy tortilla chips.
- 7-Layer Mexican Dip – there’s no appetizer/dip that’s as iconic as a satisfying 7-layer Mexican Dip. You’ll always come home with an empty dish.
- Cheesy Mexican Bean Dip – cheesy goodness defines this smooth, velvety party dip.
Shop This Recipe
Black Bean Dip (with Avocado)
This Black Bean Avocado Dip is super easy and perfect for all those times you need a healthy snack or party appetizer in a jiffy. It’s delicious and versatile.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 (13.5 oz each) cans black beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 medium-large avocados, peeled/seeded
- Juice of 1 medium-large lime
- 4 stalks scallions, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Blend: In a heavy-duty blender or food processor, add beans, onion, garlic, tomato, and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Add avocados, lime juice, scallions, salt, pepper, and cumin. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve: Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped scallions if desired. Serve with crispy corn tortilla chips, bagel chips, pita chips, crackers, or veggie sticks.
Black Bean Dip with Avocado can be made a day in advance. Keep chilled in airtight container until ready to serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please come back and give it a rating ♡
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 568.8 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.7 g
- Fiber: 10.3 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Black Bean Dip, Black Bean Avocado Dip, Avocado Dip