This watercress salad recipe is a light, contemporary spring side dish. It can be crammed with crisp veggies, creamy avocado, and a brilliant champagne vinaigrette.
If you have to have a last-moment side dish for Mother’s Working day, I assume this watercress salad would be excellent. It’s exactly the form of dish I like to serve at a unique event food. Light-weight and refreshing, it presents a welcome contrast to heartier fare like cinnamon rolls (at brunch) or a saucy, cheesy lasagna (at dinner). And though it is easy to make, it is a bit much more unanticipated than a regular environmentally friendly salad. The watercress provides it a peppery bite, which I tame with sweet, juicy orange segments and a shiny champagne vinaigrette. Mozzarella and avocado include creamy richness, and toasted pistachios and crisp spring veggies deliver a great deal of crunch.
This watercress salad is finest correct immediately after it is assembled, but you can nevertheless do some of the prep in progress. Make the dressing right now, and blanch the snap peas. Tomorrow, it’ll be a breeze to set alongside one another!
Watercress Salad Recipe Substances
Here’s what you have to have to make this watercress salad recipe:
- Watercress, of course! If you’ve by no means attempted it, it has a distinctive peppery flavor and charming sensitive texture. If you just cannot come across watercress, make this salad with refreshing arugula or mixed salad greens alternatively.
- Snap peas and fennel – For crunch! They also add their one of a kind flavors to the salad. The fennel delivers notes of anise, when the snap peas include an earthy sweetness.
- Orange segments – Their sweetness cuts the watercress’s bite.
- Avocado and fresh new mozzarella – I appreciate how these rich, creamy ingredients participate in off the clean spring veggies.
- Toasted pistachios – For (much more) crunch and nutty flavor.
- Champagne vinaigrette – I make this uncomplicated dressing with olive oil, fresh orange juice, Dijon mustard, and champagne vinegar. It provides the salad alongside one another, introducing tangy, fruity flavor.
- A lemon wedge – Squeeze it in excess of the salad for a good bright finish.
- And salt and pepper – To make all the flavors pop!
Come across the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
So fresh! The tender environmentally friendly leaves are best for spring.
Watercress Salad Serving Strategies
Provide this watercress salad as a facet dish for a spring evening meal or brunch. For meal, it pairs nicely with this asparagus risotto, creamy mushroom polenta, or a bowl of potato leek soup. It also goes effectively with these pasta recipes:
For brunch, serve it with a thing savory, like a frittata or breakfast casserole. Then, spherical out the meal with anything sweet. Pancakes, muffins, and scones would all be delightful.
More Favourite Salad Recipes
If you really like this watercress salad recipe, try out just one of these contemporary salads subsequent:
This watercress salad is a clean, scrumptious side dish! The bright vinaigrette and the sweet orange segments tame the watercress’s peppery bite.
- 4 ounces snap peas
- 1 fennel bulb, incredibly thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Champagne Vinaigrette
- 3 cups watercress
- Segments from ½ navel orange
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces torn new mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedge, for serving
Deliver a big pot of salted drinking water to a boil and set a bowl of ice drinking water close by. Fall the snap peas into the boiling h2o and blanch for 2 minutes. Take out the snap peas and instantly immerse in the ice drinking water lengthy ample to great absolutely, about 15 seconds. Drain and place on a kitchen towel or paper towels to dry.
In a modest bowl, merge the sliced fennel with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing and a pinch of salt. Gently toss to coat.
Assemble the salad on a platter with the watercress, fennel, snap peas, orange segments, avocado, and mozzarella. Drizzle with some of the dressing and prime with the pistachios. Year to style with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon, and provide.
What an Indian Mom Never Told About the Quick & Healthy Breakfast Recipes
7-Day Meal Plan For Professional Soccer Players
The Ten Best High Energy Foods