Lightly fried corn fritters are so easy to make!
These tasty corn fritters have lots of fresh corn kernels mixed with a little cheese and a jalapeno kick. They’re lightly fried until golden and crisp and served warm.
Quick, easy, and hard to resist.
A Great Side or Appetizer
- Corn fritters make a savory appetizer or side dish.
- They’re cheesy, crispy, and a lot delicoius!
- Serve at breakfast or brunch, or dip them into sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or cheese sauce for a delicious snack!
- Make them in batches and enjoy them all week long!
- Switch out dinner rolls or bread and make tasty corn fritters to go with your favorite meals!
Ingredients for Corn Fritters
Corn – Fresh, frozen, or canned corn kernels are great in this recipe. Bulk up corn fritters by adding some shredded potatoes or finely chopped zucchini. Use up leftover corn on the cob or grilled corn.
Batter – Corn fritter batter is a smile mixture. Flour, cornmeal, and a few seasonings are mixed with egg and milk.
Cheese – Monterey Jack has a tart flavor that accents the sweet corn. Mexican blend and sharp cheddar can be used as well.
- Use up leftover sausage, cooked chicken, or bacon bits.
- Add extra green onions (or some red onions).
- Try fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro.
- Season with additional garlic powder, a bit of cayenne pepper, or a dash of lime juice.
How to Make Corn Fritters
- Combine all ingredients except milk and oil. Stir in the milk a bit at a time until the mixture holds its shape. PRO TIP: Add extra flour if the mix isn’t sticking together.
- Scoop the corn mixture into hot vegetable oil (or canola oil) in a skillet and gently flatten with the back of a spatula. Fry over medium-high heat until golden on each side.
- Drain on clean paper towels. Serve with sour cream (or even maple syrup) if desired.
Keep leftover corn cakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze them for up to 3 months. Reheat them in the microwave, a toaster oven, or air fryer.
Other delicious corn recipes are scalloped corn, Mexican corn salad, Frito corn salad, air fryer corn on the cob, and ham and corn chowder.
More Corn Favorites
Did you make these corn fritters? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Easy Corn Fritters
These easy homemade corn fritters are a hit for breakfast or as an appetizer. Whether made with leftover corn, creamed corn or frozen corn they are a hit every time!
Combine flour, cornmeal, egg, onion, and smoked paprika in a bowl. Add salt to taste. Stir in corn and cheese.
Add milk a little bit at a time if needed to make a moist mixture that can still hold its shape. You may not need all of the milk.
Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the corn mixture onto the hot oil and gently flatten with a spatula.
Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Top with sour cream for serving.
Any cheese can be used in this recipe.
For less heat, skip the jalapenos and add 2 tablespoons mild green chiles or finely diced bell pepper.
Calories: 277 | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 110mg | Potassium: 297mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.