Christmas Recipe Serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 340
Not suitable for freezing
Christmas Recipe Ingredients:
- Plaice fillets, 8 (550 g, 1.25 lb)
- Black Olive Paste, 75 g (5 tbsp)
- Dry white wine, 150 ml (5 fl oz)
- Tomatoes, 1 large or 2 small
- Black olives, 25 g (1 oz)
- Capers, 30 ml (2 tbsp)
- Lemon juice, 60 ml (4 tbsp)
- Lemon rind, half a lemon
- Olive oil, 60 ml (4 tbsp)
- Salt and pepper
Christmas Recipe Instructions:
- Remove the plaice skin and put black olive paste on the smoother side. Then roll up the fish.
- Combine the fish and wine. Then simmer until just cooked (about 10 minutes). Next, separate the fish from the liquid and keep warm on the serving dish.
- Cut the tomatoes open and remove the seeds. Cut into small pieces. Slice the black olives finely.
- Mix the capers, lemon juice, lemon rind, olive oil, salt and pepper, and the cooked liquid from step 2 (60 ml, 4 tbsp). Add the seedless tomatoes and sliced olives from step 3. Then pour over the fish and you are nearly done.
- Garnish with fried garlic slices and basil leaves.
General Heating & Serving Food Tips:
- Don’t keep food hot for more than an hour before serving
- Cover food that could dry out, with cling film or a clean cloth
- Keep roast potatoes uncovered so they remain crisp and dry
- Remember that it is harder to keep vegetables such as spinach and cabbage warm compared to root vegetables.